9 Aug 2017

Unintended Inventory Iterations

Another take on the inventory. I still wasn't happy with the inventory I came up for the co-op. It was somehow too small and hard to make out. So I created another iteration. This time more in line with some of the other changes I've done lately.  So this is the third iteration, so let's hope that the third time is the charm!

Here's a layout of the whole progress so far:






This new bubble is a bit limiting space wise but I feel like it should be enough. Anyway I think it's way better than the earlier versions now.


This also now worked pretty well with a second player. Next week I'm going to be traveling to Rome. So not work happening here. But I've been having a lot of progress in the upcoming areas Misty forest and Magma kingdom. I'll try to show them soon.

-Johannes




2 comments:

  1. Heeeeyyy I'm back to pay my comment debts :D
    I like the new inventory system, it fits the game visually and the white background helps players to see the tools more clearly, but I don't really get why you need two keys for the same item, are you just showing how it works?
    To be honest, I still preferred the second inventory, it's simple and it doesn't take up a lot of space, but you're the developer, you know what's best for your game ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the main problem with the older system was the visibility. Some testers were not really able to make out what they were choosing. Two buttons in one item is not really needed ever. Just something I was testing there since I did not have many items. Hopefully it doesn't need anymore changes. :) I can see that the simplicity was probably nicer on the earlier version, but I think this fits the world now much better and is easier to use.

    ReplyDelete