6 Nov 2016

The Unintended stuff

Phew. This week has been quite the pain in the ass. Adding the co-op feature has given me some headache. Mainly I've been struggling a bit on assigning all the controllers to appropriate players.
I did finally get it to work correctly. My issue was differentiating all the controllers to each player. I was using Rewired for the input and in the past we've noticed that this works great with Unity. With Rewired  we've been able to fix issues where virtual joysticks were bugging the controllers, or few issues that Windows 10 had when using Xbox one controller. Rewired on the other hand has keyboard assigned to each player by default and it took me a while to figure out how to bypass this.
Eventually I got it to work and I created this character selection screen. It also took me a while to figure out how to make this work with loading and all the other possible issues that may arise.


At this point it seems to be working well. I still have many issues that I need to tackle on the whole multiplayer. For instance the level changes are still an issue and also I need to write some system for audio and the camera placement. I'm thinking of placing the camera in between the players and place the audio listener there too.

So not so much visual progress there, but a lot of headache. I've been also thinking quite a bit about these characters what this world IS exactly. I'm still looking into it deeper, but at the moment I think I'm starting to have a clear picture of whole.

Last week I told about this mud thing I'm playing with and I thought I might show it now. It sticks to anything that goes past and takes it to the flows direction. There's some puzzles around how to handle these and how to use them to your advantage.




Lucius is also coming along well. The Halloween sales have been dominant everywhere and the bundle is still very cheap.  Here's a concept of the area I'm currently working on. I really like the atmosphere that we are able to get done this time, but a concept is unfortunately all I'm able to show you guys at this point.



Hopefully I will be able to get some more stuff done during the upcoming week.
Until then, cheers!
-Johannes



3 comments:

  1. That moment when it worked, worth all the pain isn't it? :') Here's a song I recently came across with, hope it helps to ease your headache and stress~
    http://www.inc.com/melanie-curtin/neuroscience-says-listening-to-this-one-song-reduces-anxiety-by-up-to-65-percent.html?cid=cp01002readersdigest&trkid=FBPAGE_RD_20161104_Inc_MentalHealth_Article

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete