10 Sept 2016

The Unintended Puzzles #1



I'm trying to create some classic move-the-rocks puzzles. It's surprisingly hard.

This is the first iteration of pushing some movable rocks.  The darker rocks are immovable and the lighter ones can be pushed around. I think in Zelda and other games of the genre, they tend to only allow pushing one rock at a time. Here you can push several at the same time without any restriction. I'm not sure if its a good idea but at least it's slightly different. I will probably end up also adding different types of these since I myself find it very satisfying to solve these.


It's interesting that the route has to be different when coming back. I guess these are pretty common puzzles to have but I still like them.

I guess I could combine some of the usable items here like freezing objects and rock breaking.

I'm sure there's plenty of options.






I like the idea of the game being more puzzle based, slow and relaxed, rather than quick action.
So far every monster is able to kill the player in one hit. Not sure if that's the way to go, but I'm trying it out for now.

-Johannes

4 comments:

  1. Will this game be released on steam once it's completed, or no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can players pull the movable rocks just in case they over-pushed it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope not at the moment. But they can always reset the positions by stepping outside the area.

    ReplyDelete