1 Jan 2017

The Unintended 2017 and The Mud City.

So.  It's 2017.  Happy new year everyone!
I've been working on the mud city lately and it's starting to come a long.

I wanted this place to have a significantly different type of mood and some weirdness to it, so I went about it from the music angle. I had and idea that the Mud people are being held slaves by the Mud King. I listened some funk at the time and that gave me the idea to start work on a marching beat first and then bring the rest towards that. I also added a ton of moving effects to the town. Some of the mud pipes are animated, and some mud splashes from mud geyser every now and then.



I've started to work on the houses and I do have a pretty good idea of the puzzles that we are going to be seeing here. Task here is to find a way to the castle and you will need to visit the houses to find it.



Most of the houses have some internal puzzles that all together come to a bigger whole.
The houses also need a variation to the main music and also the castle would need some new music.
Hopefully we will have some of that next week.

-Johannes





1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year! :D I really like how the city turned out, feels lively yet strange in a way ^-^ Love the music too! Can't wait to see more updates, getting excited about this game~

    ReplyDelete